ES-Coach is a smartphone-based tool that helps teams of employment consultants to visualize their employment support practices, reflect, set goals, and take action for quality improvement.
Who is it for?
ES-Coach works best for teams of employment consultants and their managers who assist job seekers with intellectual disabilities, autism, and other developmental disabilities to gain individual integrated employment. It works best when the whole team uses ES-Coach so that all support activities are captured in the data dashboard.
What is the goal of ES-Coach?
- To support employment consultants in reflecting on the implementation of effective individualized employment supports, setting goals, and taking action for continuous improvement.
- To ensure that job seekers with disabilities receive high-quality employment support services.
- To increase the employment outcomes of job seekers with disabilities.
How does it work?
ES-Coach asks three quick questions about the employment supports provided and shares data and tips about best practices, daily, each day at a different random time. It takes less than a minute per day to do it. WATCH ES-Coach in action!
Next, employment consultants and managers can browse a data dashboard to compare how they are implementing evidence-based employment supports.
What do people say about ES-Coach?
- "It makes me think about my workday and allows me to put extra goals into perspective."
- "I find that it causes me to pause for a moment and reflect on how I am spending my time, energy, and resources."
- "I love how simple it is."
Who funds this project?
The development of ES-Coach was supported by the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (Grant #90IFDV0009 and 90RTCP0003). Participation in ES-Coach can be supported by state and local training and technical assistance initiatives or individual organizations as part of their coaching and quality improvement efforts. The content of this project does not necessarily represent the funder’s policy. ES-Coach is a project of ThinkWork at the Institute for Community Inclusion, University of Massachusetts Boston.
Who are the team members?
- Project management: Alberto Migliore and Oliver Lyons
- Coaching and support: Jill Eastman, Brit Miles, and Danielle Mahoehney
- Software development and communication: Paul Foos, Jeff Coburn, David Temelini, and Julie Reposa.
- Overall supervision: John Butterworth
Absolutely. Sign up here to register for a free trial account or to receive updates.
Questions? Visit https://www.es-coach.org/support or please contact firstname.lastname@example.org