ES-Coach is a smartphone-based tool that helps teams of employment consultants to visualize their employment support practices, reflect, set goals, and take action for quality improvement.
Who is it for?
ES-Coach works best for teams of at least three employment consultants who assist job seekers with intellectual disabilities, autism, and other developmental disabilities to gain and retain individual integrated employment. It works best when the whole team uses ES-Coach so that all support activities are captured in the data dashboard.
What is the goal of ES-Coach?
- To support employment consultants in reflecting on the implementation of effective individualized employment supports, setting goals, and taking action for continuous improvement.
- To ensure that job seekers with disabilities receive high-quality employment support services.
- To increase the employment outcomes of job seekers with disabilities.
How does it work?
ES-Coach asks three quick questions about the employment supports provided and shares data and tips about best practices, daily, each day at a different random time. It takes less than a minute per day to do it. WATCH ES-Coach in action!
Next, the data feed a dashboard where employment consultants and managers can check their implementation of supported and customized employment, and compare their data with anonymous aggregated data from other participants.
Finally, our training specialists are available to coach the managers of employment programs so that they can support their teams of employment consultants reflect on their implementation of supported and customized employment, set goals, and take action for continuous quality improvement.
What do people say about ES-Coach?
- "It makes me think about my workday and allows me to put extra goals into perspective."
- "I find that it causes me to pause for a moment and reflect on how I am spending my time, energy, and resources."
- "I love how simple it is."
Who funds this project?
ES-Coach was developed with funding from the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (Grant #90IFDV0009 and 90RTCP0003) between 2019 and 2022. Currently, the Kessler Foundation Signature Grant is funding the deployment of ES-Coach with 48 employment programs, nationally (2023-2024). Participation in ES-Coach can be supported also by state and local training and technical assistance initiatives or individual organizations as part of their quality improvement efforts.
Who are the team members?
- Project management: Alberto Migliore
- Support, logistics, data science Jeffrey A Edelstein and Oliver Lyons
- Coaching and support: Jill Eastman, Brit Miles, and Danielle Mahoehney
- Data and communication support: Mark Hutchinson
- Software development and communication: Paul Foos, Jeff Coburn, David Temelini, and Julie Reposa.
- Overall supervision: John Butterworth
Can I try ES-Coach?
Absolutely. Sign up to join ES-Coach or to receive updates.
Questions? Visit https://www.es-coach.org/support or please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Is there any materials that I can review?
- Check out the slides and the recording of the Open House, held on March 30, 2023.
- Check out the slides presented at the Reinventing Quality conference on August 1, 2022
- Check out the slides presented at the 2022 APSE conference on June 13, 2022
This is a project of ThinkWork at the Institute for Community Inclusion
University of Massachusetts Boston
100 Morrissey Blvd.
Boston, Massachusetts 02125
Fax: (617) 287-4352
TTY: (617) 287-4350